Due to current high COVID positivity rates in Baltimore County, we will have online worship only for the foreseeable future. A general metric we use is looking for weekly positivity rates in our area at 5% or lower, although there are certainly other factors that are taken into consideration when making the decision about worshipping indoors, including congregational-specific health risks and various safety concerns.
When we can safely and responsibly return to in-person Worship:
Once the Council and its Reopening Subcommittee are confident we can gather safely for in-person worship we will take the following precautions:
- Worship will be indoors with a large scale air filtration system in place in the sanctuary, with balcony seating closed for the time being.
- All will wear masks.
- If you are unable to wear a mask, please do not come for in person worship - The in-person service will be recorded and posted online for you to worship safely at home, typically posted on Sunday afternoons.
- Likewise, if you feel unwell, do not come for in person worship.
- Church bathroom access will be available, but we wish to minimize its use, and ask all to try not to use the facilities if possible, and to only enter the bathrooms one person at a time.
- Chairs in the sanctuary have been edited & reconfigured with appropriate 6 foot spacing from other groups or individuals.
- Communion will be offered in a safe, no-touch manner.
- There will be no passing of the peace or of offering plates. A place to leave an offering will be provided by the entrance.
- There will be no singing, and no hymnals will be used.
- Please do not congregate before or after the service except briefly and at a 6-foot distance.
And as a reminder:
Divinity has a YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2gvUBOLSqvkf5ZSkKOIQvQ On each Sunday for the foreseeable future, we will post a brief worship service including scripture, a reflection, creed, prayers, and blessing.
Our Delaware-Maryland Synod also has a YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS7Ybv7zZqMFsYe3Vt5t0Lg Bishop Bill Gohl will lead a Livestream Worship each Sunday for anyone interested in tuning in at 10am with similar elements to the worship videos we will create, which will also include an opportunity to interact with other local ELCA Lutherans over social media